Start a Project Fi device protection claim
- Before you file a claim for a device that has stopped working, try rebooting it. You can also try some troubleshooting steps to fix common issues.
- Start your claim as soon as possible (must be within 90 days of the damage occurring, and within 1 year if you enrolled your device when living in Wisconsin).
- When your claim is approved, you will need to pay a $79 deductible for a Pixel 2 or Pixel, $99 for a Pixel 2 XL or Pixel XL, $79 for an Android One Moto X4, $69 for a Nexus 5X, and $99 for a Nexus 6P. The deductible will be added to your next monthly statement after your replacement device is shipped.
- Replacement may be with a new, refurbished, or recertified device of similar kind and quality. Device color may vary, depending on availability.
- You can claim up to 2 incidents of accidental damage in any rolling 12-month period. There is no limit on mechanical or electrical breakdown claims.
- If you're part of a Project Fi group plan, only the device protection contract holder can file a claim, unless required authorization has been obtained.
Here are the steps you'll follow to start and complete your claim:
- Make sure you're eligible for a replacement. (More information in "Eligibility for Project Fi device protection replacements" below.)
- Go to your order details page on Google Store to find your device's IMEI number.
- Contact Project Fi support. You can also call us at 1-844-Talk2Fi.
- After your claim is approved, you'll receive an email with instructions on how to order your replacement. Once you get the email, you have 24 hours to order your replacement. If you cannot complete your order within 24 hours, please call us at 1-844-Talk2Fi to receive a new email. Upon completing this process, your replacement device will ship as early as the next business day. This email also contains a return shipping label for your broken phone.
- When you receive your replacement device, remove the SIM card from your broken phone and place it in the new one.
- Print the return shipping label you received from us via email.
- Send your old device back within 14 days of getting your replacement. If you don't return your device in the 14-day window, you may be charged an unrecovered equipment fee for the value of the device, not more than $750.
Eligibility for replacements
You may be entitled to a phone replacement in the following situations:Malfunction
You can get a replacement if your device stops working correctly.
- During the first year after you buy your phone, you may be eligible for a manufacturer's warranty replacement in case of malfunction. There's no charge for a warranty replacement.
- After the first year, if your phone malfunctions due to wear and tear, you can get a replacement but you will need to pay a $79 deductible for a Pixel 2 or Pixel, $99 for a Pixel 2 XL or Pixel XL, $79 for an Android One Moto X4,$69 for a Nexus 5X, and $99 for a Nexus 6P.
Malfunction examples include:
- Problems with charging, turning on, or a frozen screen.
- Defective microphone, speaker, or button.
- Trouble getting Internet or cell signal.
You can file a claim for a Project Fi device protection replacement if your device experienced accidental damage from handling. Examples of accidental damage include when your phone:
- Was dropped and stopped working.
- Has a cracked screen.
- Got wet and stopped working.
Replacements are not available if:
- You lost your device, it was stolen, or you don't have it anymore.
- You have reached the claim limit of 2 accidental damage claims in a rolling 12-month period.
Replacements are also not available in situations such as rust, corrosion, pre-existing conditions, intentional acts, power fluctuations, and any loss that is recoverable under any product warranty. For a list of limitations and exclusions, see Project Fi device protection sample Terms and Conditions. For customer support and general program inquiries, you can request a call, chat, email, or call 1-844-TALK-2-FI. To request a sample copy of the terms and conditions specific to your state, call 866-450-5185.