Limits when using Classroom
As a security measure, some activities in Classroom have limits depending on the type of account you have. For information on account types, see see About Classroom user accounts.
If you reach a limit, you’re prevented from the activity whose limit you reached.
For all types of accounts, Classroom has the following limits:
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
- Maximum number of guardians that can be assigned to a student: 20
Personal Google Account limits
Users with a personal Google Account also have:
- Additional limits to those listed above
- Less features than users with G Suite for Education accounts
Additional limits on personal Google Accounts
The value of these limits can change without notice to protect Google's infrastructure.
|Activity or feature||Limit|
|Classes you can create||30 per day|
|Classes you can join||100 maximum, 30 per day|
|Class size (teachers and students)||250|
|Class-member invitations you can send||100 per class, per day|
Features not available to personal Google Accounts
Some Classroom features are not available to personal Google Accounts:
- Email summaries for guardians—Teachers can’t invite parents and guardians to sign up for an email summary of the student's upcoming or missing work.
- Students email to classmates—Students using Classroom with personal accounts cannot view the email address of their classmates.
Groups policies and limits
These limits apply for all G Suite editions.
Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with a G Suite for Education account. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. See the Membership section of Understand Groups policies and limits for details.