Limits when using Classroom
As a security measure, some activities in Classroom have limits depending on the type of account you have. If you reach a limit, you can’t complete the activity.
For all types of accounts, Classroom has the following limits per class:
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
- Maximum number of guardians that can be assigned to a student: 20
Additional limits on personal Google Accounts
The value of these limits can change without notice to protect Google's infrastructure.
|Activity or feature||Limit|
|Classes you can create||30 per day|
|Classes you can join||100 maximum, 30 per day|
|Class size (teachers and students)||250|
|Class-member invitations you can send||100 per class, per day|
Features not available to personal Google Accounts
If you use a personal Google Account with Classroom, you do not have access to the following features:
- Email summaries for guardians—Teachers using personal accounts cannot invite parents and guardians to sign up for summaries of a student's upcoming or missing work.
- Email address visibility—Students using Classroom with personal accounts cannot see the email address of their classmates.
Groups policies and limits
Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with a G Suite for Education account. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. For details, see the Membership section of Understand Groups policies and limits for details.