Add a co-teacher to a class
This page is for teachers
You can invite teachers to join your class to help coordinate class activities. If you use Google Groups, you can also invite a group of co-teachers at the same time.
Your G Suite administrator might only allow teachers and students from your school to join classes. If you want to add a teacher from another school, contact your admin to update your domain's class membership settings.
Note: To invite teachers using Google Groups, you don't have to be the owner or a member of the group, but you must be able to view group members and email addresses. If you can't view the list, contact your administrator to change the permissions. Learn more about Troubleshooting Invitations.
Invite a teacher to co-teach your class
- Click the class you want to add co-teachers or groups to.
- At the top, click People.
- Click Invite teachers .
- You can invite individual teachers or a group. Enter the email address of the teacher or group.
As you enter text, Classroom shows matching addresses that you can choose from.
- From the Search results, click a teacher or group.
- (Optional) To invite more teachers or groups, repeat steps 5-6.
- Click Invite.
Accept an invitation to co-teach a class
Invited teachers get an email asking them to co-teach your class. To join the class, the invited teacher must click a link in the email, or sign in to Classroom and click Accept on the class card.
There are a few class permissions to be aware of:
- Only the primary teacher can delete a class.
- The primary teacher can't unenroll or be removed from a class.
- Teachers can't be muted in a class.
- The primary teacher owns the class Google Drive folder.
- After a co-teacher joins the class, the co-teacher has access to the class Google Drive folder.
G Suite for Education accounts
For teachers with a G Suite for Education account, Classroom has the following size limitations for each class:
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of teachers invited through a group: 10
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
Note: Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with G Suite for Education accounts. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. See the Membership section of Groups policies and limits for details.
Personal Google Accounts
Teachers with a personal Google Account also have additional limits on activity, such as creating classes or inviting students. Learn more about Policies and limits.