Guardian email summaries FAQ
When a guardian is invited to Classroom, they receive regular emails about their student’s work and classes. These emails, known as guardian email summaries, include information about missing work, upcoming work, and class activity. See a guardian email summary example.
Here are some frequently asked questions by guardians and educators.
How do I receive email summaries of my student’s Classroom work?
Why haven’t I received an email invitation?
You won’t receive an email invitation if:
- Your student’s school hasn’t set up guardian email summaries.
- Your student’s teachers aren’t participating in guardian email summaries.
- You aren’t the guardian of the student.
If you haven’t received the invitation, check your spam folder. Otherwise, contact your student’s school and ask them to send another.
Do I need a Gmail address to be invited?
Do I need Gmail or a Google Account to receive email summaries?
- Set the frequency of your emails
- Update your locale
- View all students connected to your account
What if I delete the email invitation?
I’ve accepted the invitation for guardian notifications. Where will the emails be sent?
I want guardian summaries sent to a different email address. Can I change the email address?
Can I sign in to Classroom and view my student’s work and classes? Can I sign in to the Classroom mobile app?
Can I add guardians with a class code?
Do guardians have to be invited in every class?
Why don’t I see the option to invite guardians?
- You aren’t a verified teacher. In order to view and invite guardians, an administrator must verify you as a teacher in your domain. Learn more about setting teacher permissions.
- You don’t have permission to invite guardians. Your administrator may have chosen to allow only administrators to invite and remove guardians. Learn more about managing guardian email summaries.
- Your school administrator turned off guardian email summaries.
- You’re using the Classroom mobile app. You can only invite guardians on a web browser. Learn more about inviting guardians.