Add a co-teacher to a class
This page is for teachers
You can invite teachers to join your class to help coordinate class activities. If you use Google Groups, you can also invite a group of co-teachers at the same time.
Your G Suite administrator might only allow teachers and students from your school to join classes. If you want to add a teacher from another school, contact your admin to update your domain's class membership settings.
Note: You can’t invite groups of teachers on Android. Click Computer to see instructions.
Invite a teacher to co-teach your class
- Tap Classroom .
- Tap the class People .
- Tap Invite teachers .
- Enter the teacher's name or email.
As you enter text, Classroom will show matching addresses that you can choose from.
- Tap the name or email.
- (Optional) Enter the name or email of any other teacher you want to invite and tap it.
- Tap Invite.
Accept an invitation to co-teach a class
Invited teachers get an email asking them to co-teach your class. To join the class, the invited teacher must click a link in the email, or sign in to Classroom and click Accept on the class card.
There are a few class permissions to be aware of:
- Only the primary teacher can delete a class.
- The primary teacher can't unenroll or be removed from a class.
- Only the primary teacher can opt-out of using Classwork for a class.
- Teachers can't be muted in a class.
- The primary teacher owns the class Google Drive folder.
- After a co-teacher joins the class, the co-teacher has access to the class Google Drive folder.
G Suite for Education accounts
For teachers with a G Suite for Education account, Classroom has the following size limitations for each class:
- Maximum number of teachers: 20
- Maximum number of teachers invited through a group: 10
- Maximum number of members (teachers and students): 1,000
Note: Classroom uses Google Groups for all students and teachers with G Suite for Education accounts. Each person can only be in a certain number of groups. See the Membership section of Groups policies and limits for details.
Personal Google Accounts
Teachers with a personal Google Account also have additional limits on activity, such as creating classes or inviting students. Learn more about Policies and limits.