Report on AdWords Sitelinks data
DS provides three ways to view performance data about sitelinks:
- Performance data from a single AdWords campaign
- Aggregated performance data from all campaigns in an AdWords engine account
- Performance data listed by campaign
View data from a single campaign
To view performance data about sitelinks in a specific AdWords campaign, navigate to the campaign and click the Sitelinks tab.
View aggregated data from multiple campaigns
If you’ve applied sitelinks to more than one campaign, you can see how sitelinks are performing across all campaigns in an AdWords engine account. For example, if you applied a sitelink to 3 campaigns, you can see the total number of sitelink clicks from all 3 campaigns. Just navigate to the engine account that contains the campaigns and click the Sitelinks tab.
List sitelink data by campaign
Instead of viewing aggregated totals across all campaigns, you can see and compare how sitelinks are performing in each campaign. For example, if you applied a sitelink to 3 campaigns in a single AdWords engine account, you can see a list of the campaigns with the number of sitelink clicks in each campaign.
- Navigate to the AdWords engine account.
- Click the Campaigns tab if if isn’t already selected.
- Click the Segment button, which appears above the performance summary graph.
- Select the Sitelink segment check box and click Apply.
DS adds the Sitelink text column to the reporting table.
- To view additional data about the sitelinks, such as the number of clicks with sitelinks showing:
- Click the Columns button, which appears above the performance summary graph.
- In the search box next to Available columns, enter sitelink and click the search button.
- Click + to move a Sitelink column to the Selected columns list.
- Click Apply.
Download the data
Why does the data about clicks in AdWords not match DoubleClick Search?
By default, AdWords aggregates the data associated with headline clicks and sitelink clicks. DoubleClick Search does not aggregate headline clicks with siteline clicks. That is, in DS the Sitelinks tabs and the Campaigns tab segmented by sitelinks display data about sitelink clicks only.
To see sitelink-specific data in AdWords, segment the reporting data in AdWords by This Extension vs. Other. This is expected to match with the data in DoubleClick Search reports.
Are actions from sitelinks included in the total actions on the campaign report?
Yes, if you aren’t segmenting the campaign report. That is, if you navigate to an AdWords engine account, click the Campaigns tab, and select the Actions view, the Actions column counts actions from sitelinks along with actions from keywords and elsewhere. For example, if an advertiser has 50 actions attributed to sitelinks and 100 reported at the campaign level, then there were 100 total actions - 50 from sitelinks, and 50 from elsewhere.