Upload a bulksheet into DS
Use bulksheets when you need to create or edit large numbers of campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords at once.
The upload process
Here's the general process for uploading a bulksheet:
- You select a bulksheet from your computer and upload it to DS.
- DS immediately validates the bulksheet and reports any validation errors.
If DS finds validation errors, you can fix the errors or continue with the invalid bulksheet. DS will ignore the invalid items and continue with the valid items in the bulksheet.
- DS places the bulksheet in its processing queue.
When processing begins, DS checks for any additional errors and checks with the engine account to make sure all of the settings are correct. DS will ignore any items that encounter processing errors and continue with the items that successfully processed.
- DS traffics your changes to the engine.
- If there are validation or processing errors, you'll see an error bulksheet in the advertiser's upload history. The error bulksheet contains only the items that did not validate or process, along with an explanation of the error. You can download the error bulksheet, make corrections, and upload the corrected error bulksheet.
You can view the status and history of your uploads and upload errors at any time during or after this process.
Supported file size and formats
You can upload files up to 600 MB in any of the following formats:
XLS/XLSX: You can upload files up to a million rows with XLSX (Excel 2007) files.
CSV: UTF-8 or UTF-16 (with BOM) file whose fields are comma separated. Fields are optionally double quoted.
TSV: UTF-8 or UTF-16 (with BOM) file whose fields are delimited with a TAB character. Fields are optionally double quoted.
When you use a bulksheet to upload conversions, we highly recommend that each upload contains fewer than 100,000 rows. Each row contains a single conversion, and DS might not be able to process a bulksheet with more than 100,000 conversions.
Upload to multiple engine accounts
If your bulksheet contains items that you want to upload to multiple engine accounts, make sure the bulksheet includes the Engine Account ID column. For example, if you're creating campaigns in multiple engine accounts, each campaign needs to specify the engine account that DS should upload it to.
If the bulksheet items to create or edit for multiple advertisers, make sure the bulksheet includes both the Engine Account ID column and the Advertiser ID column.
Upload a bulksheet
Navigate to an advertiser.Steps for navigating to an advertiser
Click the navigation bar to display navigation options.
In the Agency list, click on the agency that contains the advertiser. You can search for an agency by name or scroll through the list.
In the Advertiser list, click on the advertiser.
Click Apply or press the Enter key.
DoubleClick Search displays the advertiser page, which contains data for all of the advertiser’s engine accounts.
Click Uploads in the left navigation pane.
If the bulksheet contains items that are scoped to a specific engine account, select the engine account from the Multiple Engine Accounts list.
If you're targeting the items in the bulksheet to multiple advertisers, select Multiple Advertisers and Engine Accounts from the list.
Select a processing option:
Immediately: DS will place the bulksheet in its processing queue in about 15 minutes. This gives you a chance to review and correct any validation errors. If the bulksheet is valid and no other bulksheets are in the queue, processing will begin in about 15 minutes.
After: Specifies a date and time for DS to place the bulksheet on its processing queue. If the bulksheet is valid and no other bulksheets are in the queue, processing will begin at the time and date you specify.
To receive an email when DS finishes processing changes and trafficking them to the engine, select the Send mail when upload is complete check box. The email contains a link to the advertiser's history of uploads and upload errors.
By default, DS sends email to the address that's associated with your Google Account for DoubleClick Search. If you want the email sent to a different address, enter the address in the Send to field.
Click Upload File, select the bulksheet from your hard drive or network, and click Open.
A progress bar appears next to the filename. The Uploads list section will have more details about your upload.
Once the upload completes, DS starts validating the bulksheet and displays its progress in the preview pop-up.
In the preview pop-up, you can do either of the following:
- If you’re sure that the bulksheet is valid, you can click the Skip Preview & Submit button. DS will place the bulksheet on its queue immediately. If no other bulksheets are in the queue, processing will begin immediately.
- Wait for validation to complete. If you want to work on something else, click Minimize Preview. You can return to the preview pop-up by clicking the Preview details link in the Status column of the Upload list.
If validation completes successfully, you can do one of the following:
- Wait for DS to automatically place the bulksheet on its processing queue. The processing option that you selected earlier determines when DS places the bulksheet on the queue.
- Click Skip Preview & Submit in the preview pop-up. DS will place the bulksheet on its queue immediately.
If DS finds validation errors, you can do either of the following:
- Click Submit with Errors in the preview pop-up. DS will place the bulksheet on its processing queue. The processing option that you selected earlier determines when DS places the bulksheet on the queue.
All changes that are valid and that successfully process will be trafficked to the engine. The invalid changes will be ignored.
- Cancel Changes: Cancels the upload.
To fix the errors, open the error bulksheet from the upload history. The error bulksheet contains only the items that did not validate, along with an explanation of the error. You can download the error bulksheet, make corrections, and upload the corrected error bulksheet.
Cancel an in-progress upload
If the progress bar indicates that your upload is not yet complete, you'll have the option to cancel the upload.