Segment reports by Floodlight
You can use the Segment option to see detailed reporting on individual Floodlight groups and activities. This allows you to see performance data on the different types of conversions that a set of keywords or ads can produce. For example, if you're in the travel industry, you can report on the number of airfare tickets, hotel room bookings, and car rentals for a set of keywords, instead of reporting on all of those conversions rolled up together. You can report on Floodlight groups or activities at any level, including campaigns, ad groups, ads, and keywords. Also, you can use filters, including the pipes | filter, to refine the specific Floodlight groups and activities in your report and see only the data that matters to you.
When you segment data by Floodlight activity, you get rows of the format Keyword/Floodlight activity, where for one keyword you’ll see as many rows as there are Floodlight activities. In a future release, we'll add individual Floodlight tags and activities as columns. Also, In the following image, you’ll notice that engine stats (such as Clicks and Cost) are copied over with no segmentation. Learn why.
Follow these steps to report by Floodlight:
- In the DoubleClick Search UI, navigate to the campaign, ad group, ad, or keyword page where you want to initiate the report.
- If necessary, adjust the report's date range in the top right corner of the page.
- In the toolbar above the performance summary graph, change the view or customize the columns as needed to see the desired columns in your report.
To select a Floodlight segmentation option, you need to have a report with some action, transaction, or revenue columns. This is because DoubleClick Search does not segment by engine stats (learn why). For example, you could select the Sales view, or add the Trans column.
- Click the Segment button in the toolbar above the performance summary graph.
The Segment pop-up appears.
- Select the Floodlight Group or Floodlight activity option and click Apply.
The report will show a separate row for each Floodlight group or Floodlight activity, respectively.
- To reduce the number of rows in your report, click Filter in the toolbar above the performance summary graph.
For example, if you add an attribute of Floodlight activity Contains Car | Truck | Boat, the report will only display rows for Floodlight activities that have car, truck, or boat in their name. Learn more about filters.
- To download the report, click Download in the toolbar above the table.
Learn more about downloading reports.