- Call history
- Device settings
- SMS (Pixel phones only)
- Photos and videos (Pixel phones only)
Find and manage backups
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Tap Menu Backups.
- Tap on the backup that you want to manage.
Back up WhatsApp data
You can set up WhatsApp to back up your data to Google Drive. Learn how to back up and restore your messages in the WhatsApp help centre.
- Your backups will not use your Google Drive storage for your personal Google Account.
- You can use your backup to restore your messages and attachments to WhatsApp.
- You can stop and delete backups, but you won't be able to look at the files inside the backup.
What happens when your Android backup expires
Your backup will remain as long as you actively use your device. If you don't use your device for 2 weeks, you may see an expiry date below your backup. This will tell you how much longer your backup will exist without further action from you.
After 57 days, your backup will expire. When that happens, it is automatically removed from Drive and deleted. Make sure you keep track of your updates so you don’t lose important information.
What happens when your WhatsApp backup expires
WhatsApp backups that haven't been updated in more than one year are automatically removed from Google Drive. For more information, visit the WhatsApp help centre.