About TV insertion orders
Compare TV and real-time bidding insertion orders
Use the chart below to help you determine which insertion order type is right based on your needs:
|Recommended video buying options||Desktop and mobile digital video content||TV and over-the-top content on connected TV devices, linear TV|
|Line item types for video||
|Performance goal||Multiple, including CPM, CPC, and CPA||CPM only|
|Targeting||All options available||
Pre-selected options for the following targeting settings:
The following settings are not available:
Create a TV insertion order
Open your advertiser in Display & Video 360.
In the left menu, click Campaigns, then select an existing campaign or create a new one.
- Click New insertion order.
Click TV .
Enter a Name for your insertion order.
Select your TV insertion order type and click Next. Set up your insertion order using the instructions for your insertion order type:
- Budget information, including start and end dates. Bidding takes place over a rolling 7-14 day booking window. The start date you select must be at least 7 days in the future from the day you’re creating the insertion order. If you do not win a desired spot one day, you can submit a new bid the next day.
- Pacing settings (optional).
- Search Lift Keywords (optional): We recommend adding one to five branded keywords, separated by commas. Use keywords that are specific to your brand or product and clearly visible in your ad. Add common variations on your brand or product name, but you don’t need to include extra plural forms or different capitalization.
Enter the following information for your insertion order:
Budget information, including start and end dates.
Choose your insertion order's performance goal, billable outcome, and optimization settings.
Set an insertion-order level frequency cap.
Pick the inventory source you want to buy from.
You'll see pre-selected options in your insertion-order level default targeting settings that reflect digital TV inventory. This targeting will be used as default targeting for any new line items you create within your insertion order:
Apps & URLs: The over-the-top publishers collection, which includes publishers that serve in-stream video inventory on connected TV devices.
Inventory from the over-the-top publishers collection
This collection includes all in-stream video inventory from any publisher that serves in-stream video inventory on connected TV devices. That means that if the content on connected TVs can be viewed on other devices, it's included in your targeting. For example, you can buy video ads from Disney Media Networks across connected TV, laptops, smartphones, or tablets through this collection.
Since the TV insertion order excludes devices other than connected TVs by default with its pre-selected device targeting setting, you’ll only target connected TV inventory from this collection unless you update your device targeting settings.
Position: All position-in-content options for video in-stream.
Video targeting: Large and HD video player sizes.
Device: Connected TV is included and all other device types are excluded.
- You can only create linear TV or over-the-top line items in a TV insertion order.
- Automated bid strategies aren’t available for TV insertion orders, over-the-top line items, or linear TV line items.
- The following targeting settings aren’t available for over-the-top insertion orders:
- Position on-screen
- User Rewarded Content
- Connection speed
- Carrier & ISP