In Display & Video 360 you can change the billable outcome of your campaign to increase its overall performance. When you pay for an outcome other than impressions (like clicks) you'll spend less time analyzing metrics that aren't important to you (for example, stop looking at impressions if you only care about clicks). You'll also prevent any risk of paying for impressions that don't lead to your preferred outcome.
Enable outcome based buying in settings
Navigate to partner or advertiser settings Basic details scroll to Outcome based buying to enable your partner or advertiser.
- Navigate to a new insertion order Insertion Order Details Optimization
What goal would you like to focus on?
- Select CPA and enter an amount.
- Under What would you like to pay for?, choose a new billable outcome from the list.
- Insertion orders can't contain line items with different billable outcomes. Once an insertion order has been created with a given billable outcome, it can't be changed.
When you set a insertion order to pay for clicks, the campaign's data is shared with Google to optimize performance.
- Click outcomes can only be used with display line items with CPA bidding strategies. You can set target bidding goals per line item. Remember to set your CPA accordingly. It should be higher now that you are paying for clicks instead of impressions.
- In Display & Video 360 reporting Post Click Conversions will equal Total Conversions (because conversions now only come from clicks). Post View Conversions will be zero.
- In Campaign Manager reporting Post View Conversions will still be counted.
Features that rely on impressions aren't supported when not paying for impressions, including: impression based budgets, non-invoiceable CPM fees, attribution models for impressions, and average CPM constraints. The following also aren't supported:
- Creatives hosted outside of Display & Video 360 or Campaign Manager
- Video, TrueView, and native inventory
- Deal inventory
- Third party viewability targeting