In-banner video ads are HTML5 creatives that contain an embedded video player inside a display banner ad. You can serve in-banner video creatives by assigning them to display line items. Note that publishers can decide whether to allow them on their inventory. In-banner video creatives will only serve on inventory that allows in-banner video ads.
You can identify impressions that do not allow in-banner video ads by checking if the
excluded_attribute field in the bid request includes
VideoType: In-Banner Video (Publisher Blockable).
Types of in-banner video
The following in-banner video types are available:
- Click to play: Creative initially displays as a static image, then the video plays once a user clicks on the creative.
- Autoplay with no sound: Video automatically plays without sound until a user clicks on the creative.
- Hover to play: Video plays after a user hovers over the creative.
HTML5 in-banner video creatives can be uploaded to Display & Video 360 if they meet HTML5 display requirements and the following requirements.
- Creatives must include a clickable replay button.
- Creatives must play inline by including the
playsinline parameter. Creatives may not expand past ad unit boundaries unless initiated by the user.
- Total video play time must be 4 minutes or less.
Requirements for each type
Impressions served through Google Ad Manager must meet the following requirements:
|Click to play
- Download size: 40 KB initial load, 2.2 MB total load with video
- Creative dimensions: 300 × 250 and 336 × 280
- Aspect ratio: 4:3 aspect ratio recommended; other aspects will be accepted but may be letter boxed.
- Border: 1 pixel contrasting border recommended.
- Frame rate: Minimum 14 frames per second (FPS), 30 FPS recommended.
- Audio: Must be encoded at a volume less than or equal to -12 dB.
- Animation: 30 seconds maximum. Opening image can't be animated.
- Audio and video must play only when someone clicks play.
- "Start" and "stop" or "mute" buttons are required.
|Hover to play
- For hover-over initiated ads, we require 2 seconds of hovering before audio is initiated.
- When the user is no longer hovering, the audio must stop.
- The video can start at any time as long as the animation is less than 30 seconds and the audio requirements above are met.