This article describes how to create a YouTube & partners on Connected TV line item in a Connected TV insertion order.
About YouTube & partners on Connected TV
YouTube & partners video line items are used to purchase YouTube inventory in a real-time bidding insertion order. For a streamlined and simplified connected TV buying workflow, you can instead create a YouTube & partners on Connected TV line item in a Connected TV insertion order.
By using YouTube & partners on Connected TV line items, settings such as line item type, ad format, bid strategy, and device targeting are applied by default based on compatibility with connected TV devices and inventory.
Create a YouTube & partners on Connected TV line item
Set up your line item
- Start in an existing Connected TV insertion order, or create a new one.
- Click New line item.
- Click YouTube & partners on CTV as the line item type.
- Enter the following information:
- Name for your line item.
- Video is selected as the media type.
- Connected TV reach and consideration is selected as the line item type.
- Select an ad format.
- Click Next.
Configure your line item's settings
- Review the Targeting section. The inventory source and device targeting are set automatically. You can click Add targeting to set other line item level targeting options. Additional types of targeting are available in the line item's ad groups.
Nuances of YouTube targeting
Unlike other types of line items, targeting for YouTube & partners line items can be set at two different levels: the line item level and the ad group level. Learn more about targeting options for YouTube & partners line items.
Any default targeting set at the insertion order or campaign level will not be applied to your YouTube & partners line items.
- Configure your line item's settings:
- Flight dates: Pick custom dates or use the same dates as the line item's insertion order.
- Budget and pacing: Set your budget and how quickly it will be spent. After you save the line item, you can't change between daily and flight, but you can update the budget amount.
- Bid strategy: Enter the line item's bidding settings based on the ad format you're using.
- Frequency cap: (Optional) Set the line item's frequency cap. Learn more about frequency caps in Display & Video 360.
- (Optional) Select the Floodlight activity you want to use to count conversions. Floodlight conversion measurement is not available for connected TV devices, but is available if additional device types are added to your device targeting. Use the YouTube Conversions metric to evaluate connected TV performance.
Create your ad group and ads
- Select Create new ad group to set up an ad group for your line item:
- Enter a name for your ad group.
- Click Add targeting to configure ad-group level targeting. Placement targeting is optimized to options most compatible with connected TV inventory. Learn more about targeting options for YouTube & partners line items.
- Enter the line item's bidding strategy settings based on the ad format you're using.
- Click Create new ad to pick a YouTube video to use as a creative:
- Enter a name for your ad.
- Search for a YouTube video or paste a YouTube URL.
- Enter the display URL and landing page URL for your ad. The landing page URL can be other pages on YouTube or another website.
- Select either an image that's automatically generated from the videos in your YouTube channel (recommended) or an image that you manually upload as your companion banner.
- (Optional) Add a call-to-action (CTA) overlay. An interactive Send to phone call-to-action is used for YouTube ads serving on connected TV.
- (Optional) Use the Click-tracker URL field to set up third-party click tracking. The click tracker must redirect to the same URL as your landing page URL.
- Click Create ad.
- If you'd like to use multiple ads, click Create new ad again and repeat the steps above. If you use multiple ads, Display & Video 360 will optimize ad rotation based on views.
- Click Create ad group.
- (Optional) If you'd like to use multiple ad groups, click Create new ad group and repeat the steps above.
- Click Create to save your new line item.