YouTube audio ads enable advertisers to extend their reach to new audio inventory. YouTube audio ads run during long listening sessions and backgrounded moments. YouTube audio ads run as 15 second creatives and use CPM bidding.
Create a YouTube audio line item
- Start in an existing insertion order or create a new one.
- In your insertion order, click New line item.
- Pick YouTube & partners audio.
- Enter a Name for your line item.
- Click Next.
- Review the Targeting section, you'll see that the inventory source is set automatically. You can click Add targeting to set other line-item level targeting options. Additional types of targeting are available in the line item's ad groups.
- Configure your line item's settings:
- Flight dates: Pick custom dates or use the same dates as the line item's insertion order.
- Budget and pacing: Set your budget and how quickly it will be spent. After you save the line item, you can't change between daily and flight, but you can update the budget amount.
- Bid adjustment: (Optional) Enter a mobile, desktop, tablet, or connected TV bid adjustment if you want to bid a different amount for views on each device type.
- Frequency cap: (Optional) Set the line item's frequency cap. Learn more about frequency caps in Display & Video 360.
- (Optional) Select the Floodlight activity you want to use to count conversions.
Create your ad group and ads
- Select Create new ad group to set up an ad group for your line item:
- Enter a Name for your ad group.
- (Optional) Add additional triggers and targeting.
- In the Bid Strategy section, enter your CPM bid.
- Click Create new ad to pick a YouTube video to use as a creative. Video must be 15 seconds or less. Learn more about YouTube campaigns.
- Enter a name for your ad.
- Enter the display URL and landing page URL for your ad.
- (Optional for Campaign Manager 360 users) Use the Campaign Manager 360 tracking ad field to select an existing tracking ad you'd like to use to see enhanced metrics in Campaign Manager 360 .
- (Optional) Use the Click-tracker URL field to set up third-party click tracking. The click tracker must redirect to the same URL as your landing page URL.
- (Optional) Set Additional settings.
- Click Done to create the ad.
- If you'd like to use multiple ads, click Create new ad again and repeat the steps above. If you use multiple ads, Display & Video 360 will optimize ad rotation based on views.
- Click Done to create the ad group.
- (Optional) If you'd like to use multiple ad groups, click Create new ad group and repeat the steps above.
- Click Create to save your new line item.