Traffic custom creatives
A custom creative is based on custom creative code that you add in the form of a snippet, either by cutting and pasting or by adding text files.
Add a custom creative
- Sign in to DoubleClick for Publishers.
- Click Delivery Creatives.
- Click Add creatives.
- Begin typing to search for the advertiser whose creative you're adding. Each creative is associated with one advertiser.
- When you've found the right advertiser, click Continue.
- Click Custom.
- Enter a name for the creative.
- Enter the code snippet of the creative. You can either paste the snippet into the "Code snippet" box or optionally use the Upload files field to upload a file that contains the code snippet.
- Insert click, cachebusting, and file macros into the code snippet by positioning your cursor in the appropriate places in the snippet and clicking the button for the macros you want to insert. Learn more about macros
- (Optional) Enter a Click-through URL for your creative's landing page.
- Select the Target ad unit size where the creative should deliver.
- (Optional) Enter multiple Third-party impression tracking URLs Beta.
These are the URLs of third-party tracking services. The trackers are pinged when the creative appears and can contain DFP macros. Note that these URLs are not supported for creatives with an actual size of "Out-of-page."
- Click Save.
If you've selected a creative for upload that doesn't match the ad unit size you specified, you'll receive an error message when you save. Select Allow creative size to differ from ad unit size to resize the ad unit. (For example, if you upload a 400x400 creative to a 300x250 ad unit, DFP will accommodate the larger creative. Or, if you upload a 200x200 creative to the same ad unit, the creative would only occupy 200x200 pixels on your page.)