If you have the legacy free edition of G Suite, upgrade to G Suite Basic to get this feature.
As an administrator, you can see a list of devices your organization owns. You can see details about each device, including the serial number and whether or not the device is assigned to a user.
Before you begin
Open the company-owned devices list
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
If you don't see Devices on the Home page, at the bottom, click More controls.
- On the left, click Company owned inventory to see your company-owned devices.
- (Optional) To see more information about a specific device, click the device.
For details, see View device details.
What you see in the list
|Serial number||Serial number of the device.|
Date the device was imported into your Admin console.
|Type||Device type. For example, Android.|
|Asset tag||Asset tag or ID that’s assigned to the device.|
Whether the device is assigned to a user. Possible values: Assigned, unassigned.
A device is assigned when a user adds their corporate account to the device. To see who a device is assigned to, click the device.
In the Admin console, click a column heading to sort devices by that column.
Find specific mobile devices
You can search for a device from the devices list. In the top right, enter a search term in the search bar and click Search . For example, to search for a specific type of device, enter the model.
If you want to see more information about a specific device, click the device name. For details, see View mobile device details.
- Enter each search term as a single word with no spaces. Or, enter several words in quotes (with spaces between the words) for exact phrases.
- Searches are not case-sensitive.
- When you search for words and phrases, all fields are searched.
- To search a specific field, use filters. For details, see Filter the devices list (below). You can also enter a search operator followed by an argument, for example, user:admin. For details about search operators, see Use search operators to find devices.
- The system treats punctuation marks and symbols as spaces. For example, searching for firstname.lastname@example.org is the same as searching for "admin yourdomain com".
- From the devices list, under the Devices heading, click Add a filter.
- Take one of the following approaches:
- Select a category to filter the list by (serial number or status) select an option or enter the filter text click Apply.
- Start typing the serial number and click the Serial number filter.
- (Optional) To see more information about a specific device, click the device name.
Delete a device
When you delete a mobile device, the device stops syncing corporate data, but no information is removed from it. If you want to remove corporate data from the device, wipe the account or device before you delete it. For details, see Remove corporate data from a mobile device.
To remove a device from your company-owned device inventory, select the device and click Delete.
View audit info
To see a report of activities on a device, select the device and click MoreView audit info. For example, you can see if a device is compliant with your organization’s policies. For details, see Devices audit log.
Download a list of devices
You can download a list of your company-owned devices to a CSV file. It lists all device details, including Serial Number, Import Date, and so on. If you have a lot of company-owned devices, downloading data can be slow.
To download your device list, at the top of the screen, click Download .