Supported operating systems
- Apple Mac
- Chrome OS
- Microsoft Windows
Mobile devices (Requires advanced mobile management)
This feature is available with G Suite Enterprise, G Suite Enterprise for Education, G Suite Enterprise Essentials, and Cloud Identity Premium editions.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow or later
Note: If your organization deploys Android devices with zero-touch enrollment or a user assigns ownership to the company during device setup, the devices aren't listed in the company owned inventory unless you add them. Learn more
- Apple iOS
Note: Company owned iOS devices are automatically added to the company owned inventory when they're added to the MDM server in Apple Business Manager or Apple School Manager. You don't need to follow the instructions in this article. To remove a device from the inventory, remove it from Apple Business Manager. Learn more
Add devices to the inventory
From the Admin console Home page, go to Devices.
- On the left, click Company owned inventory to see your company-owned devices.
- At the top, click Import company owned devices .
- Select the type of device you want to import and click Download import template.
- Open the template file, start a new line, and enter the serial numbers and, optionally, asset tags of one or more devices. Asset tags are strings your company uses to track devices and are optional. Start a new line for each device. For example:
Serial Number (mandatory),Asset TagR84534UIF824-123-234,W123U83452BDU424-232-694,W442
If you don't include asset tags, format the file correctly by making one of the following edits:
- In the file header, remove
,Asset Tag. Be sure to include the comma.
- Include a comma after each serial number.
- In the file header, remove
- Save the file.
- Go back to the Admin console and click Upload File.
- Select the CSV file with the device serial numbers and click Import. If the file has an error, an error message reports the type of problem.
- To upload a corrected file, correct the errors then click Upload New File.
- If the error applied only to some rows, you can still import the other rows. Click Continue. The values in the rows with errors aren't imported.
- When the import completes, you get an email with a summary of the results. You can also download a log of the upload that lists the row number, values, and upload status.
- After you create your inventory, you can view it, export it, delete devices, and review who devices are assigned to:
To include company-owned Android devices in the inventory, you must add the device as described in this article. When you add the device, you get additional control options listed in the following table.
|Android device management feature||Admin adds device||Admin uses zero-touch enrollment||User assigns ownership|
|Device is listed in your company-owned inventory||✔|
|Bypass device approvals||✔|
|Get a report of inactive company devices||✔|
|Device remains company-owned after it’s reset to factory settings||✔||✔|
|Apply settings for Android mobile devices||✔||✔||✔|
|Lock a device and reset its password||✔||✔||✔|
- Turn on advanced management
- Apply settings for Android mobile devices
- Set up an Android device with a G Suite or Cloud Identity account
Google, G Suite, and related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company and product names are trademarks of the companies with which they are associated.