Applies to Cloud Identity Premium and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If you want to reduce user licenses for a Google service, how you reduce them depends on the service and your plan type.
- Flexible Plan—You don't directly reduce user licenses. Instead, you can delete users to reduce your monthly payment whenever you want. The number of licenses decreases by one for each user you delete.
- Annual Plan—You commit to paying for a full year of service for the number of user licenses you selected when you set up your annual contract. You can remove licenses you don't need and make your payment go down only when it's time to renew your contract.
Reduce user licenses on the Annual Plan
From the Admin console Home page, at the top left, click Menu BillingSubscriptions.
- Click your subscription.
- Next to Renewal options, click Change.
- Select Reduce my contract.
- Click Save.
- Before your contract is scheduled to renew, delete all user accounts you don't want to pay for anymore.
On the day your contract is set to renew, we renew your annual commitment for the number of user accounts you have that day. We remove any licenses you're not currently using from your commitment, and your payment goes down.
I have a different Google service
If you have a different Google service, such as Essentials or the free edition of Cloud Identity, you don't directly reduce user licenses. Instead, just delete the users who no longer need a license. The number of licenses decreases by one for each user you delete. For paid services, deleting users reduces your monthly payment.