To archive a user, you need an Archived User (AU) license available. You can see how many AU licenses you have available for your organization or for an individual user. You can also buy additional licenses, if needed.
Before you begin
Add more AU licenses for users
How you add licenses depends on your payment plan:
- Flexible Plan—You don’t need to buy more AU user licenses, simply add the new users. You automatically get a license for each user you add. You're charged for the new users in your next monthly payment.
- Annual Plan—If you assign all your user licenses, you can buy more. We increase your monthly payment to cover the new licenses. Follow the instructions below to add more licenses.
On the Admin console Home page, go to BillingManage subscriptions.
- Click the Google Workspace [edition] - Archived User subscription.
- Next to the number of licenses you currently have, click Purchase more.
- Enter the number of additional licenses you want to buy and click Continue.
For example, if you have 50 licenses and need 25 more, enter 25
Check the box to agree to the terms and click Continue.
It can take up to 48 hours for new licenses to become available.
View a user’s AU license
To see the licenses assigned to a user, including any AU license:
- From the Admin console Home page, go to Users.
- Click the name of the userLicenses.