If you want to use Google services with your organization but you don't yet have a domain name, we can help you purchase one. While signing up for a Google Cloud product, select the option to Buy a new domain. We'll help you purchase an available domain from Google Domains. We'll then automatically set up your Google services for that domain.
Note: Purchasing a domain from Google Domains makes it easier to get started with some Google services. But it has no impact on your position in Google search results.
About buying from Google DomainsAbout Google Domains
We partner with Google Domains to offer domain registration and hosting to our customers.
When you purchase a domain during sign-up, you get a separate account for managing your domain. Google Domains hosts your domain’s DNS records, which are used to do things like set up mail for your users and create your business web addresses.
As long as you use your domain with Google services, however, you don’t have to visit your Google Domains account. We configure your domain’s DNS records so you can set up email, web addresses, and other services without leaving your Google Admin console.
When you purchase a domain name through Google Domains, you get:
- Easy mail setup
You can immediately send and receive email at your new domain. (Your domain's MX records automatically point to Google's mail servers).
- Auto-renewal from your Admin console
You initially purchase your domain for a year. After that, you must renew your subscription with your domain host. You can renew your subscription automatically from your Google Admin console.
- Full DNS control and domain management
Even though we set up your domain for Google services, you still have full control over your domain’s DNS settings. You can access these settings to add support for non-Google services or to contact your domain host. You can easily reach your external domain host account via your Google Admin console.
- Domain locking at no extra charge
Our partners provide an additional level of security to protect against unauthorized domain transfers.
- Custom service addresses
You can reach your services at easy-to-remember addresses, such as mail.example.com or calendar.example.com.
Purchase your domain
Applies to Google Workspace and Cloud Identity Premium.
- Sign up for Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium and follow the instructions that appear to enter information about you and your business.
- When asked if your business has a domain, click No, I need one. Enter the name you'd like to register and select from the list of suggestions or click Search . Google lists the available domains. If your preferred name is not listed, keep trying names until you find one you like.
- Choose a name along with the appropriate top-level domain (.com, .edu, and so on).
Complete the remaining steps to create your Google account.
Choose your name carefully. It's not easy to change your primary domain name later. If your-company.com isn't available, you might try your-company.net. For details, go to Choosing your primary domain name.
Important: Check your email inbox and respond to the email asking you to verify your contact information. This is required by ICANN (the governing body for domain registration) to complete domain registration. After you purchase a domain, you'll receive an email to verify your email address. You must verify your email address within 15 days. Otherwise, your domain won't be registered and you can't use it for email and other services.
If you don't receive the verification email, contact Google Support.
All sales are final.
How billing works for a domain registration
If you purchased your domain while signing up for your Google service, you're charged for the full one-year domain registration amount right away. If you set up autorenew in the Admin console, you’re automatically charged again when it’s time to renew your domain. For details, go to Automatically renew your domain.
Note: Unlike your Google service charges, which are monthly, domain registration renewal happens annually. This means you'll be charged a higher amount on your invoice once per year when your domain registration renews.
We authorize your card for the amount of the renewal. The Admin console shows "Pending payment" until the payment goes through. If the payment gets declined, we can't register your domain and the authorization falls off your account after a few days. Your card gets charged only when the payment is successful.
The domain registration fee and the tax on the domain registration may not be charged to your card on the same day. You could be charged for the domain registration this month and charged for the tax on the domain registration next month.
After purchasing your domain
- Important: Check your email inbox and respond to the email asking you to verify your contact information. This is required by ICANN (the governing body for domain registration) to complete domain registration.
- Manage domain registration renewals in your Admin console.
- Manage your domain's DNS settings at an account at your domain host, outside of Google. For details, go to Access your Google Workspace domain settings.