Applies to Cloud Identity Premium and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
Your payment plan determines how you add more user licenses for a Google service:
- Flexible Plan—You don’t need to buy more user licenses, simply add the new users. You automatically get a license for each user you add. For paid services, you're charged for the new users in your next monthly payment.
- Annual Plan—If you assign all your user licenses, you can buy more. We increase your monthly payment to cover the new licenses.
You might not be able to add more licenses if:
- You’re in a free trial for Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium.
- You have Business Starter, Business Standard, or Business Plus and have reached the limit of 300 users.
Add user licenses on the Annual Plan
In the Admin console, go to Menu BillingSubscriptions.
- Click your subscription.
- In the expanded section, next to the number of licenses you currently have, click Purchase more.
- Enter the number of additional licenses you want to buy and click Continue.
Enter the number of additional licenses you need (not the total). If you have 50 licenses and need 25 more, enter 25.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and click Continue.
It can take up to 48 hours for new licenses to become available.
Important: On the Annual Plan, you can buy licenses at any time. But you can’t remove licenses to lower your monthly payments until it’s time to renew your annual contract.