Update is taking longer than expected
To enjoy the latest and greatest features available on Chromecast Audio, your device may need to update to the most recent software version. The update can take up to 10 minutes.
To update successfully,
- Ensure your speakers are powered on.
- Ensure the audio cable is tightly connected to your Chromecast Audio and the Audio input on your speaker.
- Ensure the Chromecast Audio is tightly connected to the power supply.
The LED indicator on the side of the Chromecast Audio is a great way to check the status of your update. If after 15 minutes, you are seeing:
Solid White LED - This means your Chromecast is connected to the network and ready to begin casting content. To start casting:
- Be sure your mobile device or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast.
Open the Google Home app .
In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast devices.
- Go to a Cast-enabled app and see if the Cast icon is visible.
- Try casting content by touching the Cast icon.
Blinking white LED - This means something may have gone wrong with the update and Chromecast Audio needs to be set up. To set up,
- Navigate back to the DEVICES tab and see if your device is available to set up.
- Set up your device.
Blinking orange LED - This mean the update is still in progress. If the update has already taken more than 20 minutes, try the first step below. If that doesn’t work, try the next step in the list:
- Reboot Chromecast Audio by unplugging it from the power source, waiting about 1 minute, and plugging it back in.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it from the power source, waiting about 1 minute, and plugging it back in.
- Factory Data Reset the device and connect it to a 2.4 GHz network, if available.
I see the "Downloading/fetching update" message for a long time
If the download is moving forward but moving slowing, please give the download 20-30 mins to download. It is possible that your internet speed is slow. If the download is stuck at a certain % for a long time, there might be something wrong in your router settings. There is a known issue with certain router configurations that can cause slow downloads. Learn more about these routers.Contact us
Elise is a Chromecast expert and author of this help page. Leave her feedback below about the page.