How to Factory Data Reset (FDR) your Chromecast Audio
A Factory Data Reset (FDR) will reset the Chromecast Audio to its default factory settings. Please note: This action will clear your data and can't be undone.
You can perform a factory data reset (FDR) on your Chromecast Audio by using one of the two methods listed below:
From the Google Home app
- Open the Google Home app .
- In the upper right corner of the home screen, tap Devices to see your available Chromecast Audio devices.
- In the top right corner of the device you'd like to FDR, tap the device card menu > Settings.
- In the top right corner, tap the More button .
- Tap Factory reset or Reset.
- Confirm you would like to reset your device by tapping Reset.
From the Chromecast Audio deviceWhile the Chromecast Audio is plugged in, hold down the button on the side of the Chromecast Audio. The LED will begin blinking orange. When the LED light turns white, release the button and the Chromecast Audio will begin the reboot sequence.