You can make the most of your Chromebook at home. If you don’t have an external monitor, you can magnify your screen, cast tabs to your TV, and organize your windows into separate Virtual Desks. Here are some resources to help you get started:
Learn the basics
- Switch to a Chromebook: Find apps, set up your printer, and customize your settings.
- Use keyboard shortcuts: Learn popular shortcuts to complete tasks more quickly.
- Add a person to your Chromebook: Share your Chromebook with other members of your household.
- Take a video or photo: Create, find, and edit photos or videos.
- Find apps for your Chromebook: Check recommended Chromebook apps for common tasks.
- Customize accessibility features: Find and turn on accessibility features, like screen readers, magnifiers, and high contrast mode.
Improve your productivity
- Set up Virtual Desks: Multitask and organize windows with multiple desks.
- Open, save, or delete a file: Open and save files, like documents, PDFs, images, and media.
- Video chat & make phone calls: Video chat with several people or make phone calls with Duo.
- Turn on Night Light: Change the color of your screen to help with eye strain.
- Draw with Canvas: Create and share your designs.
Make sure you’re connected
- Connect to a monitor: Connect your Chromebook to a monitor or TV with an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, or VGA port.
- Cast to your TV: View videos, photos, and websites on your TV with Chromecast.
- Connect to Bluetooth devices: Connect to accessories, like keyboards, mice, speakers, headphones, and audio headsets.
- Connect to Wi-Fi: Use a Wi-Fi network to connect to the Internet.
- Set up virtual private networks (VPNs): Connect to a private network, like the network at your work or school, with a VPN connection.