Chromebook tablets have the same operating system as Chromebook laptops. Most tablets have the same functions as the laptops.
Switch from laptop to tablet mode
Some Chromebooks can be used either as a laptop or a tablet. If you have one of these models, the on-screen keyboard automatically opens when you flip the screen over the hinge.
Tip: If you connect a mouse to your Chromebook, you will switch back to laptop mode.
Use tablet shortcuts
You can use tablet buttons to complete some tasks more quickly.
- Take a screenshot: Press Power button + Volume down button.
- Take a photo with the volume buttons: When your Chromebook is in tablet mode, you can press the up or down volume button to take a photo.
- Turn off tablet or sign out: Press and hold the Power button until you see a menu to Power off or Sign out.
- Turn off display: Quickly tap the Power button and release.
- Use the on-screen keyboard: Tap any text box to show the on-screen keyboard. To hide the keyboard:
- Tap anywhere outside the keyboard.
- On the bottom right of your screen, tap Hide keyboard .
- Tap any text box to show the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap Handwrite .
- In the pad that appears, write text with your fingertip or touchscreen stylus.