To give your Chromebook more features and functionality, you can add extensions.
Note: You can't add extensions if:
- You're browsing as a guest.
- You're using your Chromebook at work or school. If you have questions or need help, contact your administrator.
Add an extension
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- In the left column, click Extensions.
- Browse or search for what you'd like to add.
- When you find an extension you'd like to add, click Add to Chrome.
- If you're adding an extension:
- Review the types of data that the extension will be able to access.
- Click Add extension.
You'll see your extensions in Chrome as buttons on the toolbar.
How extensions work
Extensions work like regular programs for desktop computers, but they run entirely in the Chrome browser. You don't need to install software or restart your computer.