Add apps and extensions
To give your Chromebook more features and functionality, you can add apps or extensions.
Note: You can't add apps or extensions if:
- You're browsing as a guest
- You're using your Chromebook at work or school. If you have questions or need help, contact your administrator.
Add an app or extension
- Open the Chrome Web Store.
- In the left column, click Apps or Extensions.
- Browse or search for what you'd like to add.
- When you find an app or extension you'd like to add, click Add to Chrome.
- If you're adding an extension:
- Review the types of data that the extension will be able to access.
- Click Add extension.
You'll see your apps in your launcher, and your extensions in Chrome as buttons on the toolbar.
How apps and extensions work
Apps and extensions work like regular programs for desktop computers, but they run entirely in the Chrome browser. You don't need to install software or restart your computer.