Let sites play enhanced protected movies and music
Some sites you visit might offer enhanced protected content, like HD movies or music. This kind of content can play at a higher quality or play offline.
Before you can play this content or play it offline, your Chromebook will ask you if the verification and a site-specific identifier (part of a certificate from Google) can be shared with the site.
You'll be asked to pick from the following options:
- Allow: This lets your Chromebook share data with the website to make sure that your Chromebook can play the content.
- Block: This stops the site from checking that your Chromebook works with enhanced playback. You might be able to play the content, but at lower quality.
Note: Google doesn't see any of the information your Chromebook uses to confirm this eligibility. Also, Verified Access (on by default) is required for enhanced playback.
Block or allow verification on sites
To see the sites where you've allowed the identifier to be shared, or to change whether you allow or block sharing, follow these steps:
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom, select Advanced.
- In the "Privacy and security" section, select Content settings.
- Select Protected content.
- Turn on Allow identifiers for protected content.
- To allow or block sharing with a specific site, add it to the "Allow" or "Block" list.
- To remove an exception, select More Remove.