Casting a Chrome tab or entire desktop
You can use a Chromecast device to show a Chrome tab or your screen on your TV.
You can show most web content. Some plugins won't work, like Silverlight, QuickTime, and VLC.
To show your screen on your TV, you’ll need:
- A Chromecast, Chromecast Ultra or TV with Chromecast built in.
- To connect your Android and Chromecast devices to the same Wi-Fi network. Learn how to check the Wi-Fi network of your Chromecast device.
Cast your entire Android screen
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Tap Connected devices Cast Select your Chromecast device.
- Your Android screen will now show on your Chromecast device. You can now see tabs on Chrome on your Chromecast.
- When you've finished, tap Settings Connected devices Cast Select your Chromecast device Disconnect. Your Chromecast will disconnect and your Android screen will no longer be mirrored.