Set up a Chrome Enterprise trial
Applies to managed Chromebooks and other devices that run Chrome OS.
Sign up for a Chrome Enterprise trial to start using the Google Admin console to manage and monitor devices running Chrome OS. With a trial, you can manage up to 10 devices, including kiosks, for 60 days. You can enroll devices, configure settings, and apply policies to users and devices. To enroll additional devices, you need to start a paid subscription.
- Sign up from the Google Admin console—Use the Admin console if you:
- Are a G Suite customer in the U.S. or Canada
- Purchased the G Suite Basic, Business, or Enterprise edition directly from Google
- Don't already have subscription licenses for the Chrome Enterprise service
- Sign up online—Start a trial using your own domain or a provided domain if you:
- Don’t have a managed Google Account, such as G Suite or Cloud Identity
- Have an address in the U.S. or Canada
Read About provided domains.
- Contact an authorized partner—Anyone can start a Chrome Enterprise trial through one of our authorized partners. You’ll need to contact a partner for a trial if you have an address outside the U.S. or Canada. To find one for your organization, go to the Partner Directory.
Set up a trial
If you’re a G Suite Education edition customer interested in a trial for your existing G Suite account, don't sign up for a Chrome Enterprise trial. Instead, contact your sales representative or authorized partner for further information.
Click below for steps, depending on whether you already have a managed Google Account, such as G Suite.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
From the Admin console Home page, go to Device management.
To see Device management, you might have to click More controls at the bottom.
- Click Chrome devices.
- Click Get started.
- Choose Trial plan and click Continue.
- Review your selection.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and click Continue.
- Click Continue to confirm.
If you decide not to use Chrome Enterprise, you can cancel your trial without making any payments. If you do not cancel and you set up billing, you'll be billed for a subscription at the end of the trial period. The billing amount depends on how many devices you enrolled during the trial.
You can start a paid Chrome Enterprise subscription through one of our authorized partners. The amount that you pay depends on your partner and payment plan.
When you sign up for a Chrome Enterprise trial, you’ll create a Chrome Enterprise account that requires:
- General information—Provide details about your organization, including a contact name, email address, phone number, business name, country, and business size. The email address is automatically set as the recovery email for your administrator account.
- Domain type and name—You can use a domain that you already own. Or, we can help you set up a provided domain during the sign-up process.
- Admin username—The username of the administrator for your Chrome Enterprise account. You’ll use this name (along with a password) to sign in to the Admin console and manage devices running Chrome OS.
- Go to the sign-up form.
- Enter your organization’s general information.
- Choose how you want to manage devices running Chrome OS. You can use the Google Admin console or Microsoft® Active Directory®. For information about using Active Directory to manage devices running Chrome OS, see Manage Chrome OS devices with Active Directory.
- Specify a domain to use:
- Use my own domain—Follow the instructions to use your existing domain. It must be a domain name that you currently own. Also, you need to access your domain's DNS settings or the source files on your domain's web server. For details, see Verify your domain for G Suite.
- Use a provided domain—If you you want to sign up without verifying your domain or don’t own one, you can set up a provided domain to manage your devices. For more details, see About provided domains.
- If an authorized partner directed you to the sign-up form, enter their name and email address.
- In the email address you provided, find the verification email we sent and click the link to verify your address and set your admin password for your Chrome Enterprise account.
- Using your admin username and password, sign in to the Google Admin console.
- Accept the Terms of Service.
- If you used your own domain to sign up, click Verify domain ownership and follow the instructions to activate your account. For help, see Verify your domain for G Suite.
- If you’re using a provided domain, create a backup admin account.
Starting a paid subscription
You can start a paid subscription anytime during the trial. You need to purchase a subscription license for each device you want to manage.
You can get subscription licenses for the Chrome Enterprise and Chrome Kiosk services through one of our authorized partners. Or, if you used your own verified domain for the trial, you can use your Admin console to start your paid subscription to the Chrome Enterprise service with up to 50 annual licenses.