Requirements for a customer transfer
You’re able to resell all the customer's transferred services.
The customer transfers all their subscriptions to your reseller management. For example, a customer can't transfer some of their Google Workspace accounts or only their Google Drive storage licenses to you.
You can't transfer customers who have Google Workspace for Nonprofits or the legacy free edition of G Suite. They can upgrade to a paid edition of Google Workspace, and then transfer their account to your reseller management.
The transferred services, such as Google Workspace or Drive Storage, are treated as a new subscription, and you (the reseller) are billed for each subscription.
Billing and service plans
The console shows the billing plans available to the customers.
The customer was on the Flexible Plan
- Start the customer on a new Flexible Plan or a new Annual Plan (either yearly or monthly payments).
- The Annual plan option is not available for add-on products, such as Drive storage and Vault.
The customer was on the Annual Plan
- Start the customer on a new Annual Plan (either yearly or monthly payments).
- The Flexible Plan is available only if your customer is within 30 days of their renewal date.
The customer’s new subscription must be equal to or greater than the number of licenses in their previous commitment. For example, if their current commitment is 200 user licenses, you can’t reduce their commitment to 150 user licenses during the transfer.
Note: The only exception are customers currently on an Annual Plan and within 30 days of the end of their term. Then, you can enter an order for a lower number of licenses.
The customer is in a 30-day trial -- you can either:
- Transfer them in to a new 30-day free trial.
- Transfer them to a new reseller-managed subscription.
The customer completed a 30-day trial
You can only transfer your customer into a new, reseller-managed subscription.
The customer was on the Annual Plan (Yearly Payments)
- When transferred, they do not receive a refund for the prepaid period of service.
- We recommend that you transfer customers who are already on the Annual Plan (Yearly Payments) at the end of their service year, during renewal.
The customer was on the Annual Plan (Monthly Payments)
- The customer is not billed for the closeout charge.
- The customer is charged directly until the date of transfer. The final charge is calculated on a pro rata basis.
Transfer a customer to your account
You use a transfer token to associate your account with the customer. Your account ID is used as your Reseller Public Identifier to generate the transfer token.
- Sign in to the Channel Services console.
- Click Settings . Below Account information, you'll find your account ID.
Give the Reseller Public Identifier to your customer, and ask them to follow instructions in Transfer your account to a reseller to generate the token. Or, if you have access to your customer’s Admin console, you can generate the transfer token.
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token in the Admin console.
- Sign in with your customer’s administrator username and password.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Under Enter Reseller's Public Identifier, enter your account ID.
- Click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- Verify the domain name and business name match your reseller information.
- Click Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code.
Note: Transfer tokens expire 14 days after being generated.
- Sign in to the Channel Services console.
- On the Customers page, click Create customer.
- Select Transfer customer.
For most customers, you select Transfer with domain and enter the customer's domain name. If the customer has a Google Workspace Essentials subscription for a team (no verified domain), select Transfer with Cloud Identity ID. You can share the steps "Find your Cloud Identity ID" with the customer.
- Enter the customer's domain or Cloud Identity ID, and then the transfer token.
- Click Transfer. If the token is expired, you'll get an error. Create a new token or contact your customer for a new token.
- Now, you can view and transfer your customer's subscriptions. Choose a subscription and click Select.
Choose a billing plan.
For subscriptions currently on the Annual Plan, choose a new Annual Plan (either monthly or yearly). You can choose the Flexible Plan only if the subscription is within 30 days of the renewal date.
For Google Workspace and Cloud Identity Premium subscriptions, the account is transferred with the same number of licenses at the time of transfer.
The date of the transfer becomes the account creation date and subscription start date.
- Enter a PO number (optional) and set a license cap (for Flexible Plans).
- Repeat for each of the customer's subscriptions.
- When you finished with all the subscriptions, click Complete transfer.
- (Optional) You might need to accept the product schedules or agreements for the customer.