Applies to editions of Google Workspace and other paid subscriptions in your Google Admin console.
If Google bills you directly for your Google Workspace or Cloud Identity account, you can transfer account management to a Google reseller. A reseller can manage your account for your organization and provide services, such as deployment, support, and work transformation. Find an authorized reseller in your area with the Google Partner Directory.
How transfers work
- Your account enters a trial period and details are emailed to your super administrator.
- Transferring your account doesn't affect your Google Workspace data or availability. During the transfer, you can continue use your Google services as usual.
- The transfer is non-reversible.
When you transfer your account, your reseller has ability to add or remove users, update user passwords, and edit organizational units, and manage other settings. For more information about a reseller's access to your account, including restricting access, go to Google reseller access.
Billing after the transfer
After your reseller completes the transfer, the account becomes a new subscription. You are billed by your reseller, not Google.
If your transfer is complete any day other than the first of the month, you receive 2 bills for that month:
- One from Google, for the dates before the transfer
- One from the reseller, for the dates starting when your transfer was complete
After that, you only receive one bill from the reseller.
For Google Workspace or Cloud Identity Premium, the billing impacts of the transfer depend on your previous billing plan. For more information, contact your reseller.
Annual Plan closeout charges
Annual Plan (Monthly Payments)
You are charged directly by Google until the transfer date. The final charge is calculated on a prorated basis.
Annual Plan (Yearly Payments)
When transferred, you do not receive a refund for the prepaid period of service.
If you’re on an Annual/Fixed-Term Plan, you are charged for the remaining balance of your contract.
Subscriptions currently on a Flexible Plan
- Choose a Flexible Plan or Annual Plan (either version). The Annual plan option is not available for add-on services, such as Google Drive storage and Vault.
Subscriptions currently on an Annual Plan
- Choose on a new Annual Plan (either version).
- Choose a Flexible Plan if within 30 days of the subscription's renewal date.
User license requirements
A new subscription must have a number of licenses greater than or equal to the previous commitment. For example, if their current commitment is 200 user licenses, you can’t reduce the commitment to 150 user licenses during the transfer.
Exceptions: For subscriptions on an Annual Plan and within 30 days of the end of their term, you can a reduce number of licenses.
30-day free trialsIf a subscription is in a 30-day trial, you can transfer to either:
- A 30-day trial managed by the reseller
- A new subscription managed by the reseller
If you completed a 30-day trial, you can only transfer into a new, reseller-managed subscription.
Transfer your account to a reseller
To transfer the management of your account, your reseller needs a transfer token. The token associates your account with the reseller.
- Ask the reseller for their "public identifier" (a 9-character code).
- Go to Retrieve Transfer Token.
- Check the box to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Under Enter Reseller's Public Identifier, enter the public identifier for the reseller.
- Click Confirm Reseller Identifier.
- Check that the domain name and business name match the reseller you want to transfer to.
- Click Generate Transfer Token.
- Click Copy Code. Make a note of your transfer token code.
- Share the transfer token code with your new reseller. The transfer takes effect as soon as the reseller receives the transfer token and completes the transfer of your account.
Transfer tokens expire 14 days after being generated. If your token expires or you lose your token, sign in again and repeat the steps above.