This is step 1 of Google My Business setup for auto dealers.
To own your dealership listing on Google Search and Maps, you need a Google My Business account and then claim your dealership listing. We suggest that before you create your listing, you review your verification options.
If you don’t own a Google My Business account, create one using the following steps:
- On your desktop, open Google My Business.
- In the top-right, click Start now.
- If you already use any Google services, sign in to your Google Account. If you don’t have a Google Account, create an account using your dealership email domain (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- When asked if you serve customers at your business address, choose Yes. Then, click Next.
- Enter the name of your dealership, then click Next.
Note: Business suggestions may appear as you type. You can select your dealership from this list.
- Enter the address of your dealership, then click Next. You may be asked to position a location marker for your dealership on a map.
- If you also serve customers outside your business address, you'll have the option to list your service areas as well.
- Choose a business category, then click Next.
We recommend the categories “Car dealer” for sales, “Car service” for servicing, and “Auto parts store” for parts sales.
- Enter the primary phone number or website URL for your dealership. If you don’t have a website, you can create a website using your Google My Business account.
- Click Continue.
- If you’re not authorized to manage the dealership, find the person in your organization who’s authorized to complete verification.
- To verify your connection to the dealership now, select your preferred verification option.
- To verify at another time, under "Verify later," click Later. You must verify your dealership listing before you can manage it.
- If your dealership listing is already owned by someone else, you’ll need to request ownership of the listing.
New car dealerships
New car dealerships are eligible for multiple listings. You can have one listing for your dealership and one listing for each brand you sell of new cars.
If you want additional listings for the departments within your dealership, for example, sales, parts, or services, repeat the process above using the name of your dealership with the department name. When your listings are verified, contact support to have your service department labeled as within your dealership. There are multiple ways your listings can be claimed:
- Create a listing: If your dealership is unlisted and unclaimed on Google, you can create your dealership listing and begin verification.
- Request ownership of a listing: If your dealership is already listed on Maps, you can claim ownership of your business.
After you’ve created or claimed your listing, review your verification options. We may ask you to review your information or make any final changes. To verify your listing on a computer follow these steps:
- In a browser, sign in to Google My Business.
- Select the dealership you'd like to verify, then click Verify now.
- Select your preferred verification option and follow the steps provided.
Used car dealerships
Used car dealerships are only eligible for one listing since car brands that are sold can change frequently.