To own your dealership Business Profile on Google Search and Maps, you need a Google My Business account and then you can claim your dealership profile. We suggest that you review your verification options before you claim your Business Profile.
- On your computer, open Google My Business.
- At the top right, click Start now.
- If you already use any Google services, sign in to your Google Account. You can use your dealership email to create a Google Account, for example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you serve customers at your business address, select Yes Next.
- Enter your dealership's name and click Next.
- If business suggestions appear as you type, you can select your dealership from the list.
- Enter your dealership’s address and click Next. You can also place a location marker for your dealership on a map.
- If you serve customers outside your business address, you can list your service areas.
- Select a business category and click Next.
Tip: We recommend the categories “Car dealer” for sales, “Car service” for maintenance, and “Auto parts store” for parts sales.
- Enter your dealership’s primary phone number or website URL.
Tip: To create a website, you can use your Google My Business account.
- Click Continue.
- If you’re not authorized to manage the profile, find an authorized person in your organization to complete verification.
- To verify your connection to the dealership now, select your verification option.
- To verify at another time, click Verify laterLater. You must verify your dealership profile before you can manage it.
- If someone owns the dealership profile, you can request ownership of the profile.
Car dealerships can have multiple Business Profiles on Google.
- All car dealerships can have a profile for the dealership itself and more profiles for their departments, like sale, parts, or services.
- New-car dealerships can also have a profile for each brand of new cars sold.
- Used-car dealerships can't have profiles per brand of cars sold. Used-car brands can change frequently.
To add profiles for each brand of new cars sold, create a new profile. To add profiles for departments within a dealership, use the name of your dealership with the department name and create a new profile. Learn how to create a profile.
When your profiles are verified, contact support to have your service department labeled as within your dealership. Contact us.