Register your agency on Google My Business
Google My Business now allows agencies to register directly with Google and receive exclusive benefits. Registered agencies can enjoy more robust account management options and Google support that’s tailored to their needs.
The benefits of registering your agency with Google include:
- Google support that’s focused on agency-specific needs
- Account structure that’s designed for third parties to manage all their listings under one account
- Ability to create user groups to manage teams within your agency
- New and improved process to manage invitations via your agency dashboard
To start the registration process:
- Go to business.google.com/agencysignup.
- Click Start now.
- Follow the instructions to register. (You'll need a new Google account that doesn't own any listings.)
Once you register your agency, you can easily structure your team and listings more efficiently from your agency dashboard. Here’s an overview of new agency-related concepts:
- Organization: This is the top level profile that's associated with your agency when signing up with Google My Business.
- User group: A group to manage users within your agency. User groups can only be created by organization users and can be given permission to manage location groups.
- Location group: A set of locations managed by a user group or organization. Location groups can only be created by organization users
Here are 5 steps to effectively organize your agencies' locations and users:
- Register your agency on Google My Business using a Google account that doesn't contain any locations or location groups.
- Create a location group to start managing locations. You can create more than one location group.
- Get access to your customers' locations
- Create user groups to give people in your organization access to specific location groups. Invite users to join your new user groups.
- Note: Users can only join a user group if they don't have any locations or location groups in their account. If there are locations in their account, users will need to remove access to any locations and location groups before accepting the invite.
- If you already manage locations and locations under other Google accounts, migrate them to your organization account.