Migrate a location from a personal account to an organization account
If you own locations in a personal account (not associated with an organization), you can migrate those locations to an organization account. When you add locations to an organization account, you can manage them as part of your organization.
- Under "Migrate your locations to one account," click Get started. You’ll go through the location transfer process in the steps that follow.
- After you submit the location transfer request, it can take up to 7 days for the transfer to process. Once complete, transferred locations will appear in the “Manage locations” tab of the organization account.
- Remove transferred locations from your personal account.
- Retain access to transferred locations in your personal account, in addition to the newly added organization account.
- Rename the location group
- Transfer locations to another location group
- Remove the Google-created location group's access to an individual location
- Remove the Google-created location group altogether, once it no longer contains any locations
You can also migrate locations from your personal account to your organization account on your own.
Migrate a single location
- In your organization account, request access to the location you own in your personal account. You'll need to specify a location group for the location to be added to.
- In your personal account, accept the invitation. This allows your organization to manage the location in the specified location group.
Migrate multiple locations
To migrate multiple locations you own in your personal account to your organization account:
- In your personal account, transfer the locations to a single location group.
- In your personal account, add your organization as an owner of the location group. You'll need to specify the right organization by entering its 10-digit organization ID.
- In your organization account, accept the invitation. This will allow your organization to manage all locations in the location group.
Once a location is migrated, you may want to remove the location from your personal account. If you want your personal account added to an organization, remove or transfer all locations directly owned by your personal account.
Note: If you don't have owner access to a location, request access from the location owner to manage the location from your organization account.