With a Business Profile on Google Maps and Search, you can:
- Update your business information, adjust your hours, or add a website. Learn how to edit your business information.
- Add photos or updates to stand out. Learn how to manage your photos and videos.
- Respond to reviews and questions to connect with your customers. Learn more about reviews and how to manage them.
- The Google My Business mobile app is no longer available, however you can manage your Business Profile on the Google Maps app. Learn how to manage your profile on the Google Maps app.
- Certain features may differ between Google Maps and Search, and the operating system.
- For Merchant Center support, visit Google Merchant Center Help.
Get started on Maps & Search
Important: To manage a Business Profile, the opening date for your business must be set to fewer than 90 days in the future. If it's more than 90 days, you can use Business Profile Manager.
If users search for your business, your Business Profile shows up in search results. You can create posts and reply to reviews. Learn how to improve your local ranking on Google.
Google uses various sources to update your Business Profile, such as user reports and licensed content. Learn how to manage Google updates.
Manage your Business Profile on Google Search & the Google Maps app
To manage your profile directly on Google:
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- To manage your business:
- With Google Search, select options like Edit profile, Add photo, Read reviews, Messages, and more.
- With Google Maps, tap Business to start managing your Business Profile.
Important: There are no changes to how customers can find and interact with your Business Profile. You can continue to access your Business Profile data through the Google Maps mobile app and Google Search.
- Download the Google Maps app on your mobile devices. Learn how to download the Google Maps app.
- Tip: On the Google My Business app, tap Manage on Maps to switch to the Google Maps app.
- Sign in to the same Google Account you use to sign into your Business Profile.
- To access your Business Profile, in the Google Maps app , at the bottom right, tap Business.
Change access or stop managing your Business Profile
- You can add, remove, or transfer the people that can manage your profile. Learn how to update access to your profile.
- You can remove an open or closed business from your Google Account:
- If the business is still open, you can remove the Business Profile from your account.
- If the business is closed, before you remove it from your account, you can mark a business as permanently closed.
Manage your profile strength
You can use Google’s Profile Strength Indicator to help improve your business profile and connect with more customers when you update your business info.
The Profile Strength Indicator helps you:
- Identify and fill in missing info in your profile. This includes your business description, hours of operation, and contact info.
- Make sure that your profile is consistent across Google products and services. This includes Google Search, Google Maps, and Google Shopping.
- Add content to your profile, like photos, videos, and posts.
Important: You can only find the Profile Strength Indicator for verified listings. Learn how to verify your business.
To use the Profile Strength tool:
- Go to your Business Profile.
- On the left of the Menu , below the Profile Strength Indicator circle, click Complete Info.
- A profile completion flow prompts you to update incomplete sections of your profile.
- After you update your profile, click Next.
- To move to the next screen, click Skip.
- On the last screen, click Go to profile.
Manage multiple profiles
You can manage individual profiles in Google Search. If you have multiple profiles, you can continue to manage them in Business Profile Manager. Bulk functionalities like upload and download in spreadsheet and bulk insights are still available. Learn how to manage profiles in bulk.