Set special hours
For days when your business has an irregular schedule, like holidays or special events, you can enter special hours in advance. If you schedule special hours, your regular hours remain in place for all other days.
It's a good idea to confirm your hours for official holidays even if those hours are the same as your regular hours. This way, you'll make it clear to customers that your holiday hours are accurate.
Special hours can only be entered if you've already provided regular hours.
Set special hours
- On your computer, sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Info Special hours. (You'll only find this section if you've already provided regular hours.)
- Next to an upcoming holiday, click Confirm hours. Or to choose a different date, click Add new date.
- Enter the opening and closing times for that day.
- To mark the location as closed all day, slide the circle to “Closed.”
- If you're open 24 hours, click Opens at, and from the drop down menu select 24 hours.
- If you enter closing hours past midnight, make sure to set them properly.
- When you’ve finished entering all of your special hours, click Apply. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
If you only add special hours to existing locations and don’t want to make other changes, you can include only the store code and special hours columns, and not include other columns on the spreadsheet at all. If you include empty columns (columns with headings but no information beneath them) in your spreadsheet, existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new location as well, you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the “Special hours” column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours in the following format, with “x” to designate an all-day closure. You can enter hours in 24-hour format:
or AM/PM format:
Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into two entries, with a comma in between. For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for two distinct periods on December 26, 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
Learn more about formatting hours.
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
If a set of special hours extends through midnight and up to or past noon on the next day, you should break the hours into multiple sets: one that runs until the end of the first day, and one that begins at midnight of the second day. A set of special hours should not exceed 24 hours.
For example, if your business is open from 7:00PM on one day until 5:00PM the next day, enter your hours as follows:
2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day will be ignored in favor of the special hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, make sure to enter them again in your list of special hours: