When your hours of operation change for a brief period of time, like for a special event, you can set Special hours so that your regular hours don't change.
Important: Special hours can only be entered if you've already provided regular hours.
How it works
You can set special hours if your business temporarily adjusts its hours of operation or remains closed for up to 6 days in a row.
When necessary, you can schedule special business hours for:
- Special events
- Other exceptional circumstances
Other operation changes
- When to use More hours: If your business provides specific services with differing times, like senior hours, or delivery and takeout hours, you can set More hours instead of Special hours.
- When to mark as Temporarily closed: If your business is closed for 7 or more days in a row, or will be closed for an unknown period of time, you should mark your business as Temporarily closed.
Set Special hours
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Google My Business app.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you'd like to update.
- Tap Profile Add special hours.
- If some special hours already exist in your Business Profile, tap your existing hours.
- Select the day you want to set special hours for.
- Enter the special opening and closing times.
- Open all day: Choose Open 24 hours.
- Closed all day: Choose Closed.
- Tap Ok.
- To add more special hours, tap Add hours.
- Tap Save.
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the “Special hours” column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours with “x” to designate an all-day closure.
- For example:
- 24-hour format: YYYY-MM-DD: HH:MM-HH:MM
- AM or PM format: YYYY-MM-DD: HH:MM AM-HH:MM PM
- For example:
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
If you only add Special hours to existing locations, you can include only the store code and special hours columns on the spreadsheet. If you include empty columns or columns with headings but no information beneath them, existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new location, you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
Tip: Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into 2 entries with a comma. Learn how to format hours.
- For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for 2 distinct periods on December 26, 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
If a set of Special hours extends through midnight and up to or past noon the next day, break the hours into multiple sets:
- One set that runs until the end of the first day
- One set that begins at midnight of the second day
For example, if your business is open from 7:00 PM until 5:00 PM the next day, enter your hours as follows:
- 2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day are ignored in favor of the special hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, include them again in your list of special hours, such as:
- 2015-11-27: 20:00-22:00