When your hours of operation change for a brief period of time, like for a special event, you can set holiday hours so that your regular hours don't change.
How it works
You can set holiday hours if your business temporarily adjusts its hours of operation or remains closed for up to 6 days in a row.
When necessary, you can schedule holiday business hours for:
- Special events
- Other exceptional circumstances
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select Edit profile Business information.
- Tip: On your desktop, using Google Search, select Edit profile.
- Near the top, select the Hours tab.
- Next to "Holiday opening hours," select Edit .
- Select the date.
- To confirm suggested holidays: Select Review.
- To set a custom date: Select Add a date. Then, enter the date of the holiday.
- For edit existing dates: Select the existing date.
- Update your hours.
- If you’re open for the day: Uncheck the "Closed" box. Then, enter your open and closed hours.
- If you're closed for the day: Make sure the "Closed" box is checked.
- To add multiple sets of hours for the date: Select More Add hours +. Then, enter the hours.
- To delete holiday hours:
- If your business is closed: Next to the holiday, select Delete .
- If your business is open: Next to the hours, select More Remove day .
- Select Save.
- In your bulk upload spreadsheet, locate the “Special hours” column.
- Enter the affected days and their special hours with “x” to designate an all-day closure.
- For example:
- 24-hour format: YYYY-MM-DD: HH:MM-HH:MM
- AM or PM format: YYYY-MM-DD: HH:MM AM-HH:MM PM
- For example:
- Save and import your spreadsheet. Your special hours will appear to customers on Google only for the designated days.
If you only add holiday hours to existing businesses, you can include only the store code and special hours columns on the spreadsheet. If you include empty columns or columns with headings but no information beneath them, existing information for those columns will be erased. If you add a new business, you’ll be alerted that you’re missing required column headings.
Tip: Separate each set of hours with a comma. To enter multiple sets of opening hours in one day, separate the sets into 2 entries with a comma. Learn how to format hours.
- For example, the following represents hours for a business that’s open for 2 distinct periods on December 26, 2015:
2015-11-26: x, 2015-12-25: x, 2015-12-26: 10:00-16:00, 2015-12-26: 17:00-18:00, 2016-1-1: 00:00-00:00
A set of special hours can't exceed 24 hours. If a set of holiday hours extends from before midnight one day and past noon the next day, break the hours into multiple sets:
- One set that runs until the end of the first day
- One set that begins at midnight of the second day
For example, if your business is open from 7:00 PM until 5:00 PM the next day, enter your hours as follows:
- 2015-11-26: 19:00-00:00, 2015-11-27: 00:00-17:00
In this case, your regular hours for the second day are ignored in favor of the holiday hours. If you want to keep any of the next day's hours, include them again in your list of special hours, such as:
- 2015-11-27: 20:00-22:00
Other operation changes
Important: For holiday hours to show up on your Business Profile, set your business hours to “Open with main hours.”
- When to use More hours: If your business provides specific services with differing times, like senior hours, or delivery and takeout hours, you can set More hours instead of holiday hours.
- When to mark as Temporarily closed: If your business is closed for 7 or more days in a row, or will be closed for an unknown period of time, you should mark your business as Temporarily closed.