Add local business photos
Photos help people find your business across Google—including on Search and Maps—and come from both businesses themselves and their customers. By adding your own business photos, you can showcase your products and services to people who are looking for what you offer.
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have two or more locations, click Manage location for the location you'd like to manage.
- Click Photos from the menu.
- Choose the type of photo that you’d like to add.
- Upload the photo from your computer or choose one you’ve already uploaded. Make sure that it meets our content guidelines and best practices, as outlined below.
Looking for help adding photos to your brand page? Follow these steps instead.
Types of photos
There are several types of photos you should add to your business listing:
- Profile photo - Add a profile photo to help your customers recognize your business on Google. Your profile photo will be featured next to your business name on your Google+ page. It should be a different photo from your business logo, which should be added in the "Logo" section.
- Logo - Add your logo to help customers identify your business. Square-sized logos display best on Google.
- Cover photo - Add a cover photo to showcase your page’s personality. Your cover photo is the large photo featured at the top of your Google+ page. Note that this photo will be cropped to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Additional photos - Add different kinds of photos to spotlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions. You can add different kinds of photos depending on the kind of business you manage. Learn more
Best practices for photos
Your photos will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Format: JPG or PNG
- Size: Between 10KB and 5MB
- Minimum resolution: 720px tall, 720px wide
- Quality: The photo should be in focus and well lit, and have no photoshop alterations or excessive use of filters. The image should represent reality.