Images or videos that have been uploaded repetitively are considered spam and will be removed.
Regulated, dangerous, and illegal goods and services
We do not allow content that facilitates the sale of regulated goods and services, including alcohol, tobacco, fireworks, weapons, gambling, financial services, pharmaceuticals and unapproved supplements or health/medical devices.
- Images or videos depicting regulated goods or services are permitted.
- Actual offers to buy or sell regulated goods or services are not permitted. For example, your images and videos cannot include links to websites or email addresses where regulated goods or services can be purchased or exchanged.
We do not allow content that promotes or facilitates the sale of dangerous and illegal products, services, or activities that cause damage, harm or injury.
- Examples of unpermitted content include: offers to buy or sell recreational drugs, prostitution or escort services, or endangered animal products; specific instructions to commit acts that can result in serious injury or death, including instructions on how to commit suicide.
Sexually explicit content
We do not allow pornographic, sexually explicit, or strongly suggestive content. Content with non-sexual nudity may be permitted, where relevant to the location being captured, and where permissible under local law.
We don't accept images or videos that contain obscene, profane or offensive content.
We don't accept images or videos that are illegal or depict illegal activity. This includes:
- Images or any other content that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright; For more information or to file a DMCA request, review our copyright procedures.
- All sexual abuse imagery and all content that presents children in a sexual manner;
- Content that depicts dangerous or illegal acts;
- Images of graphic or gratuitous violence, or which promote violence;
- Content that recruits or fundraises on behalf of violent extremist groups.
- For any other legal issues, please select the “Copyright or other legal issues” tab on the report a problem feature.
We don’t allow content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.
Harassment and bullying
We don’t allow individuals to use Google Maps to harass, bully, or attack other individuals.