If you no longer want to manage a business, you can remove it from the Google Account that you use to manage your Business Profile.
You won’t be able to manage the business directly through Google Search or Maps, but the business may continue to show up on Google.
- The removal of a Business Profile is permanent and affects all the profile's owners and managers. To manage the profile again, it must be reverified.
- Only primary owners and owners can remove the profile.
- If you no longer want to manage the profile, you can remove yourself from the profile.
- Go to your Business Profile. Learn how to find your profile.
- Select three-dot menu Business Profile settings.
- Select Remove Business Profile Remove profile content and managers.
- Tip: You can mark your business as permanently closed and download your data to use with a different service instead.
- Then, select Continue Remove Done.
- On your computer, sign in to Business Profile Manager.
- Make sure that you're logged in with the account you used to sign up for Business Profile.
- On your home page, select one or more profiles that you want to remove.
- On the right, click Actions Remove businesses Remove.
- If you get an error message, you can remove each profile individually.
You can request to have a business removed from Maps if the business:
- Never existed
- Isn't eligible to show on Google
- Has the wrong address
Even if you don’t manage a business, you can request to remove the business.
- On your computer, go to Google Maps.
- Sign in with the same account that you used to sign up for a Business Profile.
- On your map, click the business that you want to remove.
- On the left, click Suggest an edit.
- Click Close or remove.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
After you submit the request, it goes through the review process. You may get a status email with follow-up questions from our review team. If approved, the business is removed from Maps.
Instead, update your business address so that customers can go to your new address. You may be asked to re-verify the address.
After you update your address, you can enter your opening date and post from your new address.
If you want to update an address but you don't own the Business Profile, you can request ownership from the current owner.
You can also report incorrect addresses on Google Maps.
Understand new owner & manager limitations
- Delete or undelete a profile.
- Remove other owners or managers from a profile.
- Transfer primary ownership to themselves or a third user.
If the new owner or manager deletes their account within the first seven days, they’re removed from the profile. If they change their mind, they must be added again.
Tip: If an existing owner or manager tries to transfer primary ownership of the profile to a new owner or manager still in their first seven days, they get an error.