Fix import errors
Errors within Google My Business may prevent your business information from being eligible to appear on Google Maps, Search, and ad campaigns.
There are four reasons you may see an error:
- Your data doesn’t follow Google My Business formatting guidelines (e.g. "karascookies" instead of http://www.karascookies.com).
- Required fields are incomplete (e.g. you’re missing a name for a location).
- The data you provide is inconsistent or we don’t understand it (e.g. location marker is placed outside of the country you noted in the address).
- We made policy changes to improve location quality and this caused new errors to appear on previously submitted data.
View and fix errors
You can view all of the errors across your account by downloading your spreadsheet and looking for the "Errors" column. Once you’ve fixed the errors, import your spreadsheet again. Learn more about errors and how to fix them
You can also manually fix errors in your Google My Business dashboard. To view and fix errors:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- In your list view, click Errors at the top of the page.
- Click the location to review the errors. To review multiple locations, click the boxes next to the locations you want to review and click the edit icon in the top right corner of the page.
- Review your errors. Click the field that contains the error and fix it in the window that appears. Some locations may have multiple errors to fix.
- Click Apply when you’re done editing.