Important: If your Business Profile is suspended or disabled, to make edits for reinstatement, use Google My Business in a Web browser or click Edit Info on Search.
If your business is verified, the Business Profile is publicly available and visible to you and other users. You can manage your business on Search and Maps. If your business is not verified, the Business Profile may or may not be publicly available:
- If your business isn't verified and your Business Profile is publicly available: You can manage your business on Search.
- If your business isn't verified and your Business Profile isn't publicly available: You can manage your business on Google My Business Web. Your profile might not be publicly available if you created a new business on Search or Maps and never completed verification.
Tip: You may notice that Google My Business Web indicates a different status from Search or Maps. For example, Google My Business indicates verified, but Search indicates not verified. In these cases, Google My Business Web displays the most current data. It may take up to 24 hours for Search or Maps to update.
Why do I get options to manage a Business Profile?
There are a few reasons that you may be prompted to manage your Business Profile on Search:
- You tried to claim a Business on Search or Maps and never completed verification in Google My Business: The profile suggests you finish verification. Follow the instructions you see on the profile to start or complete verification.
- You own or manage a duplicate Business Profile for an existing business that is already live on Search and Maps: The profile suggests you claim ownership of the business. Follow the instructions you see on the profile to start or complete claiming ownership.
- You own or manage a Business Profile that is Suspended or Disabled: When you request reinstatement for your Business Profile, you may have to provide your Business Profile URL on Google My Business. To provide this URL, you must sign in to Google My Business.
I don't want to manage the Business Profile
You can add or remove other owners and managers from a profile, or remove a business from your Google My Business account.
Transfer profile management
To fully manage the business, new owners and managers need to complete verification, claim ownership, or fix suspension and profile disablement.
Remove a business from your Google Account
Important: The business is only removed from your account, not from Google Maps or Search. It will still be visible to the public.
If you remove the Business Profile from your account, you will no longer get options to manage it on Search and Maps. It may take up to 24 hours for the options to manage the profile to disappear after you remove the Business Profile.
To remove the Business from Search or Maps and stop public visibility, you need to follow the instructions on the profile to complete verification, claim ownership or fix suspended or disabled profiles before you can mark the business as permanently closed.