On this page:
- In order to receive payments, you must have a local business address and local bank account in at least one of the countries supported for payment, specified in an active payment profile.
- If you're not paid via bank transfer, your bank account must be verified.
- Your balance (any earnings still due to be paid to you) must meet a minimum amount.
- If you're selling books on Google Play in the US or in US dollars, you'll also need to provide tax information.
- For some countries, you'll need to verify your business information.
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) directly deposits your Google Play earnings into your bank account to speed up and simplify the payment process. EFT is fast, secure, environmentally friendly and the Google-recommended payment method. EFT deposits are made in the local currency of the bank account that you specify.
For bank accounts in some countries, Google makes deposits via bank transfer in US dollars. Please check the list of supported countries to see if your country receives payments by wire transfer.
At this time, Google doesn't offer alternative payment methods for sales revenue for books on Google Play.
Google's obligations in paying your share of sales revenue can be found in the Google Editions Addendum or the Google Books and Google Play Books Agreement. In many cases, Google will initiate a payment on the 15th day of each month or on the next business day, if your bank account has been verified and you've reached a minimum balance, which varies by region. This payment will be based on any financial transactions, such as sales, refunds or chargebacks, which occurred during the previous calendar month.
Minimum balance for payment
Payments made via bank transfer require a balance of at least US$100.
The minimum balance for payments via EFT varies depending on the currency of the payment. For payments made in US dollars, the minimum amount is US$1.00. Minimum amounts for other currencies are in a similar range. You can check this amount by visiting the Payment Centre, editing the payment profile, then checking the threshold listed by the payment schedule.
If you have multiple payment profiles, you'll receive a separate payment for each profile, subject to its own minimum payment amount.
Earnings reports are generated on a monthly basis. See more information about accessing and reading earnings reports.
Google's VAT number may be required for tax filing purposes.
- Google Ireland's VAT number: IE6388047V
- Google Ireland's full name and address: