You can ask your Google Assistant to add events to your calendar, tell you about your schedule, or reschedule an event. You can add or ask about events with the Assistant on your TV, speaker, Smart Display, or Smart Clock.
Important: The languages you can use depend on the device. Learn which languages work on your device.
Calendars you can use
- Your Google Calendar.
- Google Calendars that you share with others or that others share with you. Learn how to share a calendar.
- Calendars imported through links or iCal.
These calendars won't work:
- Birthdays, holidays, and other automatic events.
Add an event or ask about your schedule
Make sure your Google Calendar is synced.
- Add a calendar event:
- “Add a meeting to my calendar.”
- “Schedule an event for me on Saturday at 8 PM.”
- “Add an event called Birthday Dinner.”
- Find out what’s on your calendar:
- “When’s my first meeting today?”
- “Where’s my next event?”
- "What’s my agenda for August 1?"
Cancel or reschedule an event
- "Cancel my next meeting."
- "Cancel my meeting with Andrew today."
- "Cancel my 4 PM meeting."
To reschedule an event, say:
- "Reschedule my next meeting."
- "Reschedule my meeting with Ashley at 2 PM."
- "Reschedule sync meeting."
Add a shared calendar
Important: In some languages, you can use your Assistant to add events to a shared calendar instead of your main calendar. Under “Default calendar to create events,” select the one you want.
Your Google Assistant uses your main Google Calendar by default. To use your Assistant tell you about events on a shared calendar:
- On your Android phone or tablet, say "Hey Google, open Assistant settings" or go to Assistant settings.
- Tap Services Calendar.
- To hear events for a shared calendar, check the box next to it.
Tip: After you complete these steps, your Assistant tells you about events on the shared calendar and your main calendar.
Send an email to a meeting
You can send an email to a meeting on Calendar with Google Assistant on your Android phone.
- "OK Google, send an email to my next meeting and tell them I'll be late."
- "Send an email to my next meeting and say I can't attend."