Listen to music
Note: The languages you can use depend on the device. Learn which languages work on your device.
You can ask your Google Assistant to play music for you.
- Say "Ok Google" or press the button to talk to your Assistant.
- Say a command.
- Songs: Play [song name]. Play [song name] by [artist name]. Play [song name] on [music service].
- Artists: Play [artist name]. Play [artist name] on [music service].
- Albums: Play [album name]. Play [album name] on [music service].
- Genre or mood: Play classical music. Play music for cooking. Play happy music on [music service].
- Personalized suggestions: Play some music.
Control what’s playing
- Pause or stop: Pause. Pause the music.
- Resume: Resume. Continue playing.
- Next: Next. Skip. Next song.
- Previous: Previous. Play previous.
- Find info: What’s playing?
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percent (1–100%).
- Increase: Turn it up (Increases volume by 10%).
- Decrease: Turn it down. (Decreases volume by 10%).
- Set a level or percentage: Volume 5. Volume to 65%.
- Learn more about how to change volume.
Choose your default music service
To choose a default music service, like Google Play Music or Spotify, go to Google Assistant settings on your phone or tablet.
- On your Android phone or tablet, touch and hold the Home button or say "OK Google."
- In the bottom right, tap .
- In the top right, tap your profile picture or initial Settings.
- Tap Services Music.
- Choose a music service. For some services, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account.
Google Assistant on speaker or Smart Display
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- Tap Browse Music.
- If you don’t see this option, you might not be signed in to the account linked to your Assistant. To switch accounts, tap the down arrow next to your account name choose an account.
- Choose a music service.
- Note: For some services, you’ll be asked to sign in to your account.