Listen to audiobooks
You can ask your Google Assistant to play your audiobooks.
- Buy an audiobook. Learn how to buy a book on Google Play Books.
- Say "Ok Google" or "Hey Google," then say a command. Find some examples below.
Note: For now, this feature doesn't work on Bose or Sonos speakers that have the Google Assistant.
Note: The languages you can use depend on the device. Learn which languages work on your device.
- A book: "Read [book title]."
- Continue your most recent book: "Read my book."
Control what’s playing
- Pause or stop: "Pause." "Stop."
- Resume: "Resume." "Continue."
- Go forward: "Skip [amount of time]." "Next chapter."
- Go backward: "Go back [amount of time]." "Previous chapter."
- Find info: "Who wrote this?" "How much time is left?"
Change the volume
You can set the volume to a specific level (1–10) or percentage (1–100%).
- Increase: "Turn it up." The volume will increase by 10%.
- Decrease: "Turn it down." The volume will decrease by 10%.
- Set a level or percentage: "Volume 5." "Volume to 65%."
Control audiobooks from the Google Home app
If you're using your Google Assistant on speakers or a Smart Display, you can change the volume in the Google Home app.
- On your phone or tablet, open the Google Home app .
- At the bottom, tap Home .
- Tap your speaker or Smart Display pause, play, or change the volume.