I’m not getting notifications on my watch
This page can help if:
- Your watch doesn't vibrate when you get a notification.
- You're not seeing notifications at all.
Try these troubleshooting steps. Make sure to check your watch after each step to see if notifications start working.
Restart your phone and your watch
If your watch is in Theater mode, notifications won’t appear and your display will be turned off.
Here’s how to turn off Theater mode:
- If your watch has a power button: Press it twice quickly.
- If your watch doesn't have a power button: Tap the screen twice quickly.
Learn more about Theater mode.
In your phone’s Settings, make sure Do Not Disturb mode is turned off.
If your phone is set to Do Not Disturb mode, your watch won’t receive notifications from your phone.
On your phone, check the notification settings to see if any apps are listed under Do Not Include.
If you get a notification on your phone but no sound or vibration, you'll still see a card on your watch but it won’t vibrate.
Your watch only gets notifications that also show up on your phone’s lock screen.
You can check this in your iPhone’s Settings app.
How to check if you blocked an app
- On your phone, open the Android Wear app .
- Tap the Settings icon .
- Tap Block app notifications.
- You’ll see a list of any apps that are muted.
- To unmute, tap the next to the app’s name, and it will be removed from the list.
Try opening a website on your phone, such as news.google.com, to make sure you are connected.
Make sure your iPhone’s Bluetooth is turned on and that it is in range of your watch.
When your watch disconnects from your phone, tap the "Tap to reconnect" card.
If none of these steps work, try resetting your watch to factory settings.
Andrea is an Android expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.