To set up a Google Analytics 4 property for your website, you need a Google tag ID (which usually starts with "G-").
To set up a new Google Analytics property, you do not need a Tracking ID.
- If you're new to Google Analytics, learn how to set up Google Analytics for the first time.
- If you're using Universal Analytics, learn how to migrate to Google Analytics 4.
Find your Google tag ID
To find your Google tag ID (which usually starts with "G-"), do the following:
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- At the top of the Property column, select your property.
- In the Property column, click Data streams.
Don't see a Data streams option in the Property column? You have a Universal Analytics property instead of a GA4 property.
- Click the data stream.
- In the Google tag section at the bottom of the Web stream details page, click Configure tag settings.
- In the Your Google tag section on the Google tag page, copy the ID that starts with "G-" or "AW-".
Find your "UA-" ID
- Click Admin in your Universal Analytics property.
- In the Property column, click Property Settings.
- Your "UA-" ID appears at the top of the Property Settings page.