You have the option to enable/disable the collection of granular location-and-device data on a per-region basis. Analytics collects this data by default. If you disable this feature, then Analytics does not collect the following data:
- Latitude (of city)
- Longitude (of city)
- Browser minor version
- Browser User-Agent string
- Device brand
- Device model
- Device name
- Operating system minor version
- Platform minor version
- Screen resolution
If you edit these settings and disable collection for a region, then Analytics maintains any historical data that you've collected (per your data-retention settings) but no additional data is collected from the time of the change forward.
- At the top of the Property column, use the dropdown selector to select the property you want to edit.
- Click Data Settings > Data Collection, then turn on the switch for Granular location and device data collection.
- When you turn the switch on, that data is collected in all regions. If you want to choose the regions in which the data is collected:
- In that same section, click .
- Next to Granular location and device data collection is allowed in X of Y regions, click .
- Turn the switch on or off for each region in which you want to allow or disallow data collection.
- Click Apply.
If you disable the collection of granular location and device data for a region, then modeled-conversion volume is significantly reduced for that region. Downstream conversion modeling and reporting in linked Google Ads and Search Ads 360 accounts is also impacted.